1149 Main Street, Haverhill, MA


Facebook Logo


Mike and Angelina Difeo opened their first food service business in 1962. Some may remember it; Mr. Mike’s Pizza located on the corner of High and Grove Street in Haverhill, Massachusetts. After several years improving business there, they moved to Salisbury Beach, Massachusetts where they became the very first to sell fried dough, introducing it to the New England area. 

Business grew year to year, so with a need to expand their size they moved into a much bigger stand and broadened their line to include pizza, burgers, fried clams, and onion rings, among many other popular boardwalk items. Another expansion included a self service seating area and a line of traditional Italian dishes. Mr. Mike’s was a Salisbury Beach cornerstone business with a reputation for fine food at reasonable prices, and over its many years there it provided summer jobs for hundreds of area students.

Mike and Angie returned to Haverhill to open a second business, a fine dining full service restaurant. After a long search, they chose a vacant building located on Route 125, near the Plaistow border. In April of 1976, after a full makeover, they opened Mr. Mike’s Restaurant and Lounge, with a seating capacity of ninety.

In 1978, Mike Jr. and his wife Margaret took over the reins, and by 1982 Mr. Mike’s Restaurant took on a major building expansion, growing to a seating capacity of 280, including what is today a sports bar with ten wide screen televisions. Mr. Mike’s Players Lounge is one of the most popular sports bar in the area, providing televised sport games, Keno betting, and a place for people to meet new friends. Mr. Mike’s is also a full service lottery agent.

Today, Mr. Mike’s is also owned and managed by Michael, III and his wife Patti. Its reputation for good food and excellent wait-service at reasonable prices is still the tradition, as it has been throughout its 46 years existence.